Lumicall is an open source project licensed under the GPL v3. The project is based on the work of various open source projects
Lumicall source code
Lumicall regularly contributes fixes upstream to the developers of those libraries we use in both the client application, and also for the server infrastructure (for example, the reSIProcate project)
Lumicall and the community
Lumicall and privacy
- As Lumicall is a communications product, installing and using it inevitably results in the transmission of information through the public Internet.
- Lumicall provides TLS, SRTP and ZRTP encryption methods to protect information you transmit. Nonetheless, unauthorised third parties may be able to observe the source and destination IP addresses of the encrypted packets, but without knowing what is inside them.
- If you choose to register with the sip5060.net SIP proxy, the minimum amount of information is collected from you to make the service work. It is inevitable that the proxy will need to know your IP address at all times so that it can send calls to you. We do not ask for your passport number or date of birth as there is no technical reason why we would need those things. Beware of other companies who do ask for such details when you register for a service.
- If you do not want to register with the sip5060.net proxy, you can run your own SIP server. When you see the enrolment screen in the app, simply scroll to the bottom and select the manual setup option. When you choose manual setup, you can be assured that none of the settings or preferences you configure will be transmitted to the Lumicall/sip5060 servers, ever. You can find details about how to set up your own SIP server here
- Any information that we do gather, no matter how minimal, is neither retained nor disclosed to any third party. We take the utmost care to ensure any devices such as hard disks and tapes are professionally erased at the end of their working life. As we are a small organisation, less than 5 people have access to the raw database and log files.